Monday, December 19, 2022

2023 Introduction to Daily Devotions

 DAILY DEVOTIONS

An Introduction

 

     Sue and I have used the Moravian Daily Text for devotions for many years.  The Old Testament scriptures were chosen by lot by the Moravian elders and a New Testament Scripture was chosen to coincide with them. I have written a brief comment on the scriptures for you to “ponder.”

     THOUGHTS TO PONDER was born. In answer to several questions, yes, the “Thoughts” are original with me.

     SHORT AND SWEET   The beauty of these devotions is that they are truly short and sweet. It only takes a minute to read the scriptures, the “Thoughts”, and the prayer. It is my hope and prayer that you yourself will meditate on the words of scripture to make them your own and that you will expand the prayers with your own needs and concerns. I recommend that you consider creating your own journal of your “thoughts” on a daily basis.

      REPLIES APPRECIATED  The replies which I have received from “Thoughts To Ponder” tell me that they are reaching more than two dozen states as well as Germany, South Korea, Pakistan, Tanzania, Cameroun, and several countries in South America, not to mention the ripple effect of the many people who forward them to friends and relatives. I know of at least ten churches who print them and put them on web sites.

     WANT TO RECEIVE DAILY DEVOTIONS?  You can also read them on my blog: http://lsydow.blogspot.com.

     THANK YOU!  I thank you for sharing these moments each day with me, and for passing them on to friends and relatives around the world.  May God bless us this year with renewed zeal for allowing His Spirit to fill us so that we might be blessings to others.

     TO GET EVEN MORE OUT OF THE DEVOTIONS read the scriptures and meditate on the verses using the TRIP format. This is an option for those who want to expand their devotional time to make it personal. If you journal, jot down the completion of these statements each day:

T - (Thanks) Thank You, my God for...

R - (Regret) Oh Lord, I am so sorry for....

I - (Intercession) My loving Father, please....

P - (Purpose /Plan) Lord, I need you to help me....

P - (Praise) I praise you, O Creator of the universe, for....

 

Sincerely yours in Christ,

Pastor Larry L. Sydow, retired

608 Cobean Drive

Roswell, New Mexico 88201

larry.sydow@gmail.com

 

Check out some books I’ve written: The PARALLEL MISSIONS series: 

Parallel Mission-the Journey Begins; Parallel Challenges; Parallel in Jeopardy; Parallel Promises; and (In the works: Parallel Potential).

Me & Jesse-Me & Danny-Portal to Adventure.

Available from me or from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment